History

People worshipped in Hutt River (Lower Hutt area) from the first arrivals in the 1840s.

A new history of our parish has been published. “A history of the Anglican Parish of Lower Hutt, Doers of the Word 1849 – 2017” is available from the Parish Office for $25.00.

The previous history of St James’ Anglican Church 1849 – 1978* has been incorporated into the new history book.

* Doers of the Word, History of St. James’ Anglican Church, Lower Hutt 8149 – 1978, Peter Butt.

More information about the history of St James’ Church

More information about the history of All Saints’ Church

More information about the graveyard

 

Further Information Online

Hutt City Council Heritage and Archives

St James’ Church

St James’ Graveyard